Several people go through a “30 Days of Being Thankful” on Facebook every year. I wonder what would happen if we let our employees know that we are thankful for them year-round. Sometimes even the smallest gesture can mean the world to your staff and build loyalty in the process.
Again, I could be working my way out of a paycheck here, but not paying me a fee to replace your star employee could be good for your bottom line in more ways than one. Here are some fun ideas that I’ve heard over the past year:
- Bringing in a masseuse for chair massages.
- Quarterly “club” where if you hit your goals, you can take a Friday afternoon off and go to a party. Things that were done include lunch and bowling, a Kansas City Royals game, and a Kansas City Chiefs game.
- There are a few companies out there that send their entire staff on an amazing trip every year. Even if it’s just a trip to a U.S. city, that’s a really fun time!
- Laser-tag in the office.
- Parties to tap creative juices and watch movies all afternoon.
- Onsite car washes for employees.
- Spot bonuses of shopping trips.
- Ice cream truck or a food truck for lunch.
- Slides, pool tables, and ping pong tables in the office.
- “Dodge ball tournament” on a Friday afternoon.
- “Kegerator” on a Friday afternoon.
- Wine and cheese parties to celebrate a big company “win.”
- “Shots” bar to celebrate a big win in the office.
What fun things have you done for your employees? Let’s keep adding to this article and move toward virtually zero turnover at your company!